APCO Employees Credit Union - Your One Stop Shop For Financial Services
APCO (which is short for Alabama Power Company) Employees Credit Union is the second largest credit union in the state of Alabama, USA. It has been serving its members in and around Birmingham, Alabama since 1953. Its members have grown to over 59,000 with an asset of more than $1,749,713,000. Currently, it has 58 full time employees and 12 part time employees.
APCO Employees Credit Union is registered as a Non-Federal State Chartered
Credit Union, a member-owned financial institution dedicated to providing convenient, professional, and quality financial services with a competitive price advantage, while ensuring institutional safety, soundness and security. It is a non-profit, full service financial institution with the purpose of promoting thrift and providing sources of low cost credit for its members. APCO is member owned and operated.
In order to become eligible to be an APCO member, you have to be an employee or retiree of any of the following: Alabama Power Company, Southern Company Services, Southern Nuclear or other affiliated companies of the Southern Company, other designated groups or organizations, or you have to be a family member, related by blood or marriage to any APCO Credit Union member.
The Credit Union consistently pays high rates of return and funds are insured to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the federal government.
APCO offers the following Products and Services to its members:
· Regular Share Account, which is opened when you join the Credit Union and keep at least $25 on deposit to preserve your membership.
· Certificates of Deposit, which are always competitive and will be fixed according to the announced weekly rate at the time of your purchase.
· Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), a special savings plan authorized by the Federal government to help you accumulate funds for your retirement.
· Roth IRA offers unique and exciting savings opportunities.
· Christmas Club Accounts which provide you with an easy way to accumulate next year's Christmas shopping money.
· Checking Services. APCO Chek-Plus account will do everything a regular bank checking account will do but instead of costing you money each month, it'll actually pay you.
· APCO Visa Chek-Plus Card, an ATM card and a checkbook rolled into one.
· Call-A-Teller (CAT) Service which enables you to perform over 30 different transactions on your Credit Union accounts from any touch-tone telephone at your convenience.
· Visa. The APCO Visa which costs less than other credit cards.
· Investment Services. Now you can enjoy quality brokerage services with easy access to a broad array of investment services. Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, insurance products, options - you'll find everything you'd expect from a traditional brokerage firm - except sales pressure, big commissions, and unwanted investment advice.
· Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) which offers members who enroll, a free $2000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance policy.
· CU Service Centers and Outlets which APCO members may use to make deposits, withdrawals, payments, transfers or cash checks on their APCO account.
Find detailed consumer information for APCO EMPLOYEES Credit Union