East Man Credit Union is classified as a state chartered natural credit union. It is a cooperative financial institution that is owned and controlled by its members, and operated for the purpose of promoting thrift, providing credit at reasonable rates, and providing other financial services to its members.
The nation’s state-chartered credit unions are insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) and American Share Insurance (ASI). Credit unions are serving its members borrowing needs from car loans to business lending.
Eastman Credit Union now has 373 fulltime employees and 18 part time employees and is serving 108,336 members. Its assets are worth $2.0 billion.
Eastman Credit Union has stood for strength, safety and security while pursuing and providing the products and services to its members since 1934. The accounting application ECU was using is limited to meet the demands of their daily transactions. Anticipating further growth, Eastman Credit Union partners with XP-System to manage its member data, and through their combined effort (XP Systems and Eastman) in finding accounting solution that could handle their entire transactions requirement and interface with the XP database, they ultimately chose Epicor.
Now, Eastman Credit Union offers its members the following services.
· Audio Response – a system that makes use of a touch tone telephone, with your member number, PIN, and your account numbers. Using this system, one is able to get information about his or her accounts or make other transactions such as fund transfers or withdrawals.
· ECU Online - You may access your account through ECU’s Online banking service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.ecu.org. Access may be obtained to Online Banking using your member number and PIN.
· ATM Transactions Cards may be used at all ATMs displaying the Star®, Cirrus®, and Allpoint® network logos.
ECU electronic services include:
· Membership application.
· Loan application.
· Check account balances.
· Share draft orders.
· Pay your loan online.
· See your account history.
· Transfer and pay bills online.
Other services that ECU offers to its members are the following:
· Point of Sale (POS). This service allows you to use your Card and PIN to pay for purchases or services from merchants who have agreed to accept the Card at Star® merchant terminals or such other point-of–sale (PIN based) terminals as ECU may designate. Your aggregate amount of withdrawals per day from ATMs and/or point-of-sale (PIN based) terminals (see above) may not exceed $500.00.
· Periodic Statements You will get a monthly account statement for every month there are transactions on your account. You will get a quarterly statement regardless of whether there are transactions on your account.
· Electronic Check Conversion You may authorize a merchant or other payee to make a one-time electronic payment from your checking account using information from your check to pay for purchases or to pay your bills.
· Credit Union Liability If ECU does not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to its agreement with you, ECU will be liable for your losses or damages.
Find detailed consumer information for EASTMAN Credit Union